Transfer, Restoration and Archival
A wide range of Transfer, Restoration and Audio Editing services, as well as consultation on tricky audio tasks, are available at Joe Caithness Mastering.
- 1/4″ Reel to Reel Analogue Tape (stereo) (tape baking in house)
- Vinyl, Shellac, Acetate and other format disc recordings (please inquire) (16 to 80 rpm)
- Compact Audio Cassette aka Cassette Tape (please inquire RE type and NR)
- DAT – Digital Audio Tape (32kHz, 41.1kHz, 48Khz + 16 bit)
- Minidisc (all formats including LP, LP2 and HiMD)
- Exabyte DDP back up on 8mm data tape (via Sadie)
- Sony PCM F1 / 501 / 601 / 701 on Beta aka Betamax and U-Matic aka Umatic (Normal and SP)
- Sony EV S600 + range digital audio on Video8 tape (32kHz, 8 bit consumer digital format)
Audio Consultation can be performed on or off site. i.e. collection and inventory of physical audio format(s), meta data editing, archival creation.
Tape Baking and editing of physical media is handled on site.
All of the above services are unique and therefore quoted individually. Tape baking is £15 per tape.
Please get in touch to discuss your project.