Pricing, Delivery and Terms
(clients before October 2023 your old rate still applies)
All prices in GBP (UK)
Mastering price is worked out according to the number of tracks and the format(s) you are releasing your project on.
- NB – There is generally no charge for revisions from either your end or mastering end! (see full terms below).
For online digital format (download and streaming) mastering only the per track price applies.
|1 Track||£55 (£55 per track)|
|2 Tracks||£100 (£50 per track)|
|3 Tracks||£135 (£45 per track)|
|4 Tracks||£160 (£40 per track)|
|5 Tracks||£175 (£35 per track)|
|Additional Tracks||£30 per track|
10 track album for digital format (download and streaming) – £325 (£175 + (£30×5)
10 track album with additional vinyl masters – £390 (£325 + 20%)
10 track album with additional vinyl masters and DDP CD master – £420 (£390 + £30)
|Instrumental/Edits/Alt versions||£10 per track|
|Vinyl and/or Cassette Pre-master
(produced as 24-bit production masters per side of vinyl/cassette)
|+20% track rate|
|High Res Digital
(24 bit and up to 96kHz sample rate)
|+10% track rate (per format)|
(320kbps with embedded meta data)
|+10% track rate|
|DDP File set + PQ sheet PDF (Disc Description Protocol)
(this is a virtual CD master delivered to pressing plants)
Transfer / Restoration / Editing / Misc Services – £40 per hour
(please get in contact to discuss your project)
Tape Baking – £15 per tape
(this is a process of heating up tapes to avoid shed and required for almost all tapes)
To make sure the audio reaches me optimised for mastering please consider the following before delivering audio:
- All audio to be non data compressed. In other words, please provide WAV or AIFF, not MP3 (unless all other audio is lost, then please email).
- The audio export must not be clipping.
- When exporting from a DAW (computer audio software package) export at 24 bit and at the sample rate at which the audio was recorded/produced at.
- Please remove any processes you have applied to the stereo output aka master bus for loudness. This includes “home mastering” plug-ins. Creative mix bus processing is absolutely fine but please communicate if this has been applied creatively.
- If the project involves fades/segues/layering please provide as much information for this as possible. A mockup MP3/WAV of the album as you consider sequenced is always useful.
- When exporting, please leave a gap at the start and end of the audio to avoid glitches caused by latency correction in some software.
- Leave adequate space at the end of your exported audio for any effect (reverb/delay) to complete their processing.
If you have any further questions please get in touch.
Terms & Conditions
My terms and conditions are written so that both parties are treated fairly, and that an easy and safe service is provided to our clients.
If you are not happy with the service and a resolution cannot be met I will not invoice you for mastering work.
Payment is requested on confirmation of proof audio, prior to release of production masters.
Up front payment may be requested at the discretion of Joe Caithness Mastering.
Payment is requested on confirmation of proof and before delivery of production masters.
Any quotation discussed via email is binding.
Pricing is subject to change between confirmed jobs, but previous clients enjoy their original rate as standard.
Remastering and revisions
In the scenario in which you are not 100% happy with the results of the service provided by us, remastering will be performed by us until you are or you won’t be charged.
New versions of audio provided by you due to changes to the premasters after the original audio has been processed may be remastered, but any costs incurred are at my discretion.
In extraordinary circumstances Joe Caithness Mastering reserves the right to cease working on any projects at our discretion before payment is taken.